The Saint Joseph Academy track and field had a good start to its district meet on Wednesday at Brunswick HS.
The Jaguars had one athlete and one team already advance to next week’s regional meet at Amherst.
Emma Pesicka advanced to regionals in the shot put with a throw of 37-09 to finish in third place. Madison Wilson, did not advance, but had a great meet as she set a personal best with a throw of 35-09 to finish in fifth place and score points for the Jags.
In addition, the 4×800 relay team advanced to the regional meet as they finished fourth in a time of 9:43.92. The team was made up of Maggie Wagner, Sydney Seymour, Amanda Keim and Annie Allen.
The following SJA athletes advanced to Friday’s finals:
- Haley Morgan (100 meter dash – 13.22)
- 4×200 relay team (1:44.28 – Jessica Wrenn, Timmia Crayton-Prioleau (pictured), Haley Morgan, Lauren Zawie)
- 4×100 relay team (53.3 – Molly Corrigan, Maura Jordan, Molly Jarabek, Alexa Stringer)
- Timmia Crayton-Prioleau (400 meter dash – 1:01.18 – won heat)
- Jessica Wrenn (300 hurdles – 48.96)
- Amanda Keim (800 meter – 2:26.75)
- Maggie Wagner ’18 (800 meter – 2:35.05)
- Haley Morgan (200 meter – 26.98)
- Lauren Zawie (200 meter – 27.48)
- 4×400 relay team (Katie Pellegrino, Maura Jordan, Haley Morgan, Timmia Crayton-Prioleau)
Click HERE for the full results from Wednesday’s meet.